We’ve been getting some “serious” storms here in Capitola the past few days (think 1/100th the size of a hurricane). I’m hoping we hit our pinnacle last night because I had to get ready for work today in the dark… no electricity! I used my headlamp in the shower and my bagel was cold, but otherwise it wasn’t a big deal. I just thought of the folks in Haiti and was quick to realize my fortunate plot in life.
What I find really amazing is the effect the storm had on the Capitola Beach. Check out the before and after shots below! My Dad took the first shot when he visited last weekend (To the old guy: you should consider yourself lucky for getting those little rain showers! You missed some serious rain!) and the second shot was taken yesterday after I got off of work. Interesting contrast, huh? I wasn’t trying to make the after-shot look too gloomy, it was just a bit later in the day and the clouds were still rollin’ in!
Before:
After (that pipe wasn’t showing before!):

0 comments:
Post a Comment