Monday, January 18, 2010

1906 Earthquake



Earthquakes have been in the news quite a bit lately!  Being a newer resident of California, I haven’t experienced one yet.  I don’t think that’s going on my list of things-to-do in the Golden State. 

I’ve heard about earthquakes from plenty of people, but my curiosity is rarely satisfied by mere words.  How many words is a picture worth, again?  Oh yeah… a lot of ‘em.  After a search for Northern California earthquake pictures, I found a terrifying gem.  One Man’s Blog has a gigapixel photo of the 1906 earthquake aftermath in San Francisco. 

Here’s a piece of history for ya:

San-Francisco-in-Ruins-1906

I just uploaded a smaller copy of the originals listed at: http://onemansblog.com/2008/04/04/gigapixel-photo-of-1906-san-francisco-earthquake-aftermath/

Related website w/ Before/After Arial Views of 12 Cities.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved | Blogger Template by Bloganol and Smart Blogging Tips | Distributed by Deluxe Templates