Monday, October 5, 2009
The China Channel
Monday, October 05, 2009 Posted by cBenigniLabels: article, China, economics, entertainment, news
The NYT ran an article yesterday claiming that China is planning on opening up its media/entertainment companies to public investors. I'm a fan. Despite the whole authoritarianism thing, I've liked our biggest trade partner across the Pacific (second only to Canada) for many years now. I mean, come on! They're the ones that made most of my toys growing up! It is cool to see a country making good choices, cautiously going to an open market system step by step. They have seemed to be making progress my whole life.
The best way to gain foreign investors would be to ease up on the media control, and they seem to be leaning that way. If nothing else, I predict that the influx of money will result in some awesome action movies.
The Article: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/05/business/global/05yuan.html?em
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment