Wednesday, October 14, 2009

36 Views of Mt. Fuji



Today wasn't a boring day... in fact, quite the opposite. Despite that, I succeeded at stumbling across something online that's completely cool. Katsushika Hokusai's Thirty-Six Views of Mount Fuji (Japan) is a collection of woodblock prints done over 150 years ago.

This collection gave me a great idea! "Uh oh," I know... I am going to attempt to make a collection of views of Mount Diablo. I live at the base of the tallest mountain in the San Francisco Bay area, I like mountains, I need something to do with myself sometimes, so why not go for it?

The set displayed at Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty-six_Views_of_Mount_Fuji

More artwork from Hokusai: http://visipix.dynalias.com/search/search.php?u=2&userid=1240926867&searchmethod=tree&startsearch1=go

My favorite three prints:

Lake Suwa in the Shinano Province

Umegawa in Sagami Province

Inume Pass in the Kai Province

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved | Blogger Template by Bloganol and Smart Blogging Tips | Distributed by Deluxe Templates